There are some things that people like. People like shortcake. People also like food that’s in the shape of bowls. So I decided to combine the two and create shortcake in the shape of bowls with berry sauce and have it with vegan vanilla ice cream (store bought ingredients = cheating, but I don’t even care). Shortcake is based on this recipe.
1 bag of frozen berries
Some white sugar, maybe a tablespoon if you’d like, or none at all
1/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/8 cup margarine
1/2 cup milk alternative
1 tsp vanilla
1. In a medium pot, add the berries and set them over medium-low heat. Let them thaw and turn to goo. Cook them as long as you’d like. It’s not necessary to fully cook them to jam, and it’s optional to add sugar.
2. For the shortcake bowls, add all the dry ingredients together, and then mix in the margarine like you’re making biscuits. Then add the milk alternative.
3. Invert a muffin tin and grease the bottom. Divide the batter into 12 and add a blob on top of each muffin tin part, and gently press it into the shape of an upside-down bowl.
4. Bake at 175C for 18-22 minutes, until golden.
5. Add ice cream to your shortcake bowl, then pour syrup on top :)