Vegan Sugarfree Banana Pikelets with Sugarless Strawberry Sauce (AKA I Miss Jesse Pikelets)
1/2 cup mashed very ripe banana (about one)
1/2 cup oats
3/4 + 1/8 cup water (or milk alternative)
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
1. Mash the bananas well, and mix in the oats and water (or milk alternative). Let sit for 10 minutes. Go take a shower or something.
2. Add the dry ingredients on top of that goo, and mix well.
3. Heat a frying pan and when warm, add vegan margarine. Add a heaping 1/8cup full of batter for each pikelet.
4. When you see bubbles on the top, it’s most likely ready to flip over. Cook until golden brown on each side.
Sugarless Strawberry Sauce
As many strawberries as you’d like
1. Dice the strawberries and add them to a small pot. Keep the heat low, around medium low and put a lid on the pot. Stir occasionally.
2. Once the strawberries have oozed their liquid into the pot and it looks more like a lumpy sauce, remove the lid and squish the berries a little bit, leaving lumps.
3. With the lid off and the heat on low, simmer until it’s the consistency you’d like.